Ireland! Language trip?

Archives

Homepage

Visitors

@ 1cka 2014/15 of the HTL Bregenz. Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 2 November 2014

Hey studybudies

Some of you asked me a lot of questions about my experience in the national team of Liechtenstein that´s the reason why I will (I'm going to) share my trip to Italy with you on our blog.


The kick off against Italy was in the Giuseppe Capozza stadium on Thursday the 6th of August at 5:00 o´clock p.m. The Giuseppe Capozza stadium is in the south of Italy in Casarano.


Everyone in our squad knew that this is going to be the most difficult game ever. During the journey we were talking about the key players and stars from Italy. The opponent was the under 21 team from Italy, which had some very famous and fantastic players in their team(repeat). We weren´t afraid of them, but we knew that every single player was better than our whole team. Every week they were playing in the “Serie A” or “Champions League” and who are we? We were playing in amateur teams like Fc BW Feldkirch, Fc Balzers or Fc Triesenberg. That was quite funny, but it was a big chance for us to match with players who were playing football at the highest level in Europe. My mates and I decided to fight for every centimetre on the pitch.

When we arrived in Casarano we drove to our hotel by bus. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we ate some pasta and after the dinner we put our bags into the hotel rooms. The time was running, we only had this afternoon and one day more to materialize (focus) for our big game. After lunch we went out to the pitch for an easy training (session).  In the evening at our first day in Italy we had a team meeting. This was no big deal for us, because our coach made this every time before we went to bed. At this meeting he showed us every single Italian player and their type (way)of playing football. They played ( play ) a brilliant football with short and fast passes.  He also gave us a folder with 20 pages. All 20 pages were about how to defend our goal. We had to learn this in our free time. I was surprised the coach described every single position very detailed.

The next day we had two trainings and two team meetings. We didn´t believe that we only trained the basics of defending. After that we worked through the folder in the meeting room.  That wasn´t a big deal for us, but he wanted that each of us was thinking the same in every situation on the pitch, because this and only this could be our chance to reach a draw.

At the gameday we were all very nervous during the breakfast, but we did our last training as usual. At lunch the atmosphere was stressed because the coach was going to tell us the starting eleven.  That team meeting was a little bit different if you compare it with the others.  I was very happy and proud when the coach showed us our starting eleven. We played in a 4-4-2 system and my position was the centre that (,which) is my favourite position. I knew that I had to run, fight and be cleverer than the others because it was one of the most important positions in our strategy. I always phoned my parents after the last team meeting to tell them the news. They told me that they found a TV-channel to watch the game live. That was an extra motivation for me.

At 3 o´clock p.m. we drove by bus to the stadium. Our bus was between two police cars, I didn´t know why they were here? Should they protect us? I read a lot of times in magazines about Italian hooligans, but I couldn´t believe that this could happen at our game. The driver of the bus drove us one meter next to the entrance of the stadium. The stadium was very big and the pitch was perfect. For me the groundkeeper did a really good job. In the changing room every player did his own rites to focus himself for the game. I always walk around the table in the middle of the room and listen to music. Our coach was not in our changing room because he got interviewed. Now was the time to warm up, we went out and the supporters were singing their songs. That was amazing! Half an hour before the game started ca. 5000 supporters were here and sang songs. We did our normal warm up program and left the pitch. In the changing room we changed our kit and stood in a circle. The coach made a short motivation speech. In tunnel the Italian players were waiting in row for us. They all were taller and stronger than us. We walked out and the stadium was full. Everywhere you could see Italian flags. Then they played our national anthem and I began to sing. After the national anthems we shook hands with the players and referees. After that a team picture was taken and then was the kick off.

In the game we fought and ran so much but we didn´t get the ball for a long time or even a chance to score a goal. We wanted to attack the rivals. No chance they were faster and had a perfect ball control. It looked like a training game for the Italian players. We lost 7:0 and played not bad. I remember one goal, which was absolutely brilliant. El Shaarawy got the ball in the middle of the pitch and ran past 3 or 4 from us, one of them even got a nutmeg. He ran very fast and shut the ball from over 25 meters in the net. Our goalkeeper didn´t react to the ball, because it was too quick. I was so happy when the referee blew in his pipe(whistle) and the game was over. I had no more power (energy) to run. Every part of my body hurt. After the game I changed my kit with an Italian player and walked into the changing room.

That was one of my stories in the national team. I hope I could give you a little impression about the dimension of football. Please let your comments below.



Grün Hinterlegt ist meine Verbesserung
Gelb sind Schönheits Verbesserungen
Rot Falsch

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christoph, for me as a big football fan, your blog entry is very interesting. I' m sure it' s pretty cool to play for a National-Team. It' s an experience only less players are going to get.
    My favorite National-Team is Italy and so it impresses me a lot as you told me you had played against them. Especially the players on the Italian side like, El Sharaawy, Borini and Immobile. These are all well known names in football-europe and I think it' s a great honour to play against such talented guys.
    Now they all play in Italy' s A-Team, so it' s possible you fouled one of the upcoming world-cup-winners of 2018 ;-).

    Greetz

    Manuel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Search

Popular Posts