Ireland! Language trip?

Archives

Homepage

Visitors

@ 1cka 2014/15 of the HTL Bregenz. Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 30 November 2014
Hey guys,

I want to tell you about my weekend in Graz in our autumn school holidays, where I decided to visit my brother which is studying mechanical engineering in the technical university in Graz since September.

On Wednesday evening I took the night train from Bludenz to Graz and it was not that trip which you would call nice. I couldn’t sleep and the heating system was defective but I arrived on Thursday morning healthy but not as awake as desired.

TU Graz
My brother picked me up in the main railway station, to bring me to his apartment and later at breakfast he asked me if I want to accompany his day in the University. Because I was more interested than tired I went with him to my first lecture in mathematics. It was quiet easier than I expected because some of the students didn’t visit a technical school and they have problems to understand “complex” mathematic like set theory or quadratic
equations. While we followed the lesson my brother showed me some interesting stuff in his folder.

clock tower graz
After my studying experience we met our cousin for lunch in a nice Irish pub called Mollys. After lunch we walked up the “Schlossberg” to see the clock tower, the famous landmark of graz. It’s a very nice landscape because it’s a real green city. You can reach any place by tram or by feet so there are very few cars. After the walk through Graz we got a coffee and we arranged to come together in the evening….

The next day I slept until lunch. My brother came from the university and we cooked lunch together. In the afternoon I met my brother’s flat mates and we started drinking because our plan was to go to a Halloween party in the city. After some beers and other kinds of alcohol we went to a Disco a few hundred meters distant to my brothers flat. I don’t want to bore you with details, it was an awesome partynight.

The next day I wanted to take the train to Bludenz at 8:00 am, but I woke up at 3:00 pm so it couldn’t get the train any more. I talked with the flatmates of my brother and they told me that I had already missed the train when I came home drunken when they had breakfast. Yeah it’s absolutely bad that your mind switches off after some glasses, but it happens to me over and over again.

What I want to say with this Post is that anyone of you should visit Graz once. If not for the nice landscape maybe for the parties.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I have never been in Graz but i decided to go there, just because of your awesome blog.

    But all in all i have few questions, because I´m very interested to study mechanical engineering after graduating the HTL. Due to this point i want ask you if you are also interested to study mechanical engineering? What does your brother say about the uni, how hard is it for him?

    Mfg Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Markus,

    Thank you sharing your trip to Graz with us. I have also visited the city once but this is a long time ago. But the clock tower is really a great place to visit.

    For me it would be very interesting to know if you'd like to start studding after the HTL, because after this weekend you would be a great student. ;)
    And for me it is as interesting as for Kevin: "What does your brother say about the uni, how hard is it for him?"

    Thanks for answering
    Seeya Lukas

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Search

Popular Posts